Thursday, May 1, 2014

I Shall Find You


I Shall Find You
by Vicki Scott Burns

Something about the still of night
moves the quiet in my soul to write
but not tonight
My heart is aching, put to the test
Mind’s filled with scattered thoughts at best
I must confess

I cannot claim to know
everything about You
I cannot understand
all the movements of Your sovereign hand
But this one thing I will always know:
when I seek You I shall find You
here with me

Eventually peace settles in
Music in my soul begins
and words flow again
They’re drowning out the background noise
so I can listen for your voice
I must rejoice

I cannot claim to know
everything about You
I cannot understand
all the movements of Your sovereign hand
But this one thing I will always know:
when I seek You I shall find You
here with me

You said to seek with my whole heart
now I know just where to start
I’ve got to empty it of everything but You

I cannot claim to know
everything about You
I cannot understand
all the movements of Your sovereign hand
But this one thing I will always know:
When I seek You I shall find You
When I seek You I shall find You
When my heart seeks You I shall find You
here with me
Copyright © 2014 by Vicki Scott Burns

"'11 For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

P.S. When I write these lyrics, I hear beautiful music in my head. The only problem is that I don't know how to write music. If you happen to know of a musician looking for lyrics, please let me know. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment