Monday, November 17, 2014

Awakening


Awakening


Surrendered heart and soul to You
so many years ago
Said I would follow where You lead
I’d take hold and not let go
I’d live my life authentically
It’d be real not just for show

And as the years have come and gone
I’ve thought I was doin’ fine
Thought I could always hit the mark
if I didn’t cross the line
Didn’t know I had slumbered in
a complacent lullaby

Suddenly I’m awakening
Familiar stirrings deep within
I am awakening…

Seems I had wrapped You in a box
Placed You high up on a shelf
So I could claim to belong to You
Yet live life for myself
Now this masquerade eludes me
As the truth reveals itself

Suddenly I’m awakening
Familiar stirrings deep within
I am awakening…

Heart and soul awakening
Bringing me to life again
Familiar stirrings deep within
So deep within
I am awakening
Awakening
I am awakening
Awakening
I am awakening



copyright © 2004 by vicki scott burns



No comments:

Post a Comment