Friday, November 21, 2014

Just A Whisper

Just A Whisper 
by Vicki Scott Burns

The journey begins, the darkness descends.
Where this road leads I can’t begin to see.
I just close my eyes, do my best to disguise
the emptiness echoing inside of me.
My heart is broken, my soul’s come unwoven.
God, please tell me how can this be?

God, when will You speak? God, when will You call?
When will You show me if You’re there at all?
Just a whisper, God, will do…

All of my dreams, my whole life so it seems,
have been shattered like a broken mirror.
The loss is too steep, the pain is too deep.
These shards of glass shred my mind with fear.
My heart is aching, my soul is waiting.
God, please tell me what am I to do?

God, when will You speak? God, when will You call?
When will You show me if You’re there at all?
Just a whisper, God, will do…

I stand in the ashes of all that my life was
feeling too small to be seen by Your eyes.
A stirring inside brings the truth to my mind
that from ashes You make beauty rise.
My heart is bleeding, my soul is weeping.
God, please tell me when will beauty come?

God, when will You speak? God, when will You call?
When will You show me if You’re there at all?
Just a whisper, God, will do…

Child, I hear you speak and I hear you call.
Each step of the way, I have walked through it all.
Child, I hear you scream and I hear you cry.
Even your silence takes flight through the sky.

Child, just a whisper draws Me nearer to you…
Child, just a whisper...just a whisper…
Even a silent whisper will do…

“The righteous cry and the Lord hears,
And delivers them out of all their troubles.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted,
And saves those who are crushed in spirit.” 
Psalm 34:17-18


No comments:

Post a Comment