Thursday, January 22, 2015

Give Me Just a Moment



Give Me Just a Moment
by Vicki Scott Burns

This crazy life has got me runnin’
From the moment I open my eyes
Don’t punch a clock, no coffee break’s comin’
I work far beyond the eight-to-five

There’s no time to sit, no time to rest
My “To-Do List” has grown too long
I’m caught in the trap of busyness
Cornered myself where I don’t belong

Give me just a moment to sit with Him
Give me just a moment before His throne
Time to shake my head clear, time to focus on Him alone
Give me just a moment…

So many voices call out to me
Opportunities knock at my door
Can’t make them all a priority
Must discern what He is asking for

Give me just a moment to call to Him
Give me just a moment for silent prayer
Time to take a breath of Him, time to come up for some air
Give me just a moment…

Moments aren’t too small too count if they are moments such as these…

Give me just a moment…

copyright © 2005 by vicki scott burns

No comments:

Post a Comment