Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tonight

Tonight
by Vicki Scott Burns

Tonight
I find myself
On such familiar ground
Tonight
The enemy
Is lurking all around
Such familiar fears are creeping in
A familiar battle once again
Tonight

Tonight
I’m wondering
How can this really be
Tonight
I’m wondering
How I fall so easily
I know my problems may seem small
But to me they’re tall as Jericho’s wall
Tonight

Oh Protector and Creator
Mighty King, mighty Redeemer
Tender Shepherd, gentle Savior
Come meet me here
Come meet me here
Jesus meet me here
Tonight

The Lord is near to those who call him
He hears their cry and saves them
Be near me now
Be near me now

Tonight
I don’t need to fight
I’ve fallen to my knees
Tonight
I’ll hold on tight
I’ve surrendered all of me
I don’t need to hear the trumpet sound
I don’t need to see the bricks fall down
Tonight

Oh Protector and Creator
Mighty King, mighty Redeemer
Tender Shepherd, gentle Savior
He met me here
He met me here
My Jesus met me here
Tonight

So on this solid rock I’ll stand
All other ground is sinking sand
Oh Protector and Creator
Mighty King, mighty Redeemer
Tender Shepherd, gentle Savior
My Jesus met me here
My Jesus met me here
My Jesus met me here
Tonight

“17 The Lord is righteous in all his ways and faithful in all he does. 18 The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. 19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:17-19

Copyright © 2015 by Vicki Scott Burns

No comments:

Post a Comment